Chonburi has existed since the Dvaravati Period, as well as during the reigns of the Khmer Empire and the Sukhothai Kingdom. Chonburi began as a modest agricultural town and fishing settlement, but during the Ayutthaya Kingdom (1350-1767), it was elevated to the rank of commodore class city. It appears on the Triphum map among other large towns such as Bangsai (now a Chonburi sub-district), Bangplasoi (now a Chonburi downtown area), Bangphrarua (now a Si Racha sub-district), and Banglamung (now a district of Chonburi). Despite its tiny size, it contributed to the enhancement of natural resources both on land and at sea. Furthermore, residents in Chonburi communicated with the Chinese sailors who came to trade with Siam.
Chonburi, it has been mentioned in history since the Dvaravati, Khmer, and Sukhothai periods, but it was mostly an agricultural city at the time. as well as a few small fishing settlements scattered throughout the countryside In the Ayutthaya period, Chonburi was categorized as the inner city, which was not the lord’s position of power over the city. The Tribhum map includes the names of Chonburi’s major districts. From north to south, Muang Bang Sai and Muang Bang Pla Soi are listed. City of Bang Phra Ruea (now Bang Phra) and City of Bang Lamung Even though it is a small town, it is rich in resources both on land and at sea. Farming, rice cultivation, gardening, and marine trips have all occurred. Communication is also possible with the Chinese, who sailed on junks to trade with Siam.
Chonburi Province is the name given by the people. People have been living there from prehistoric times, such as in the lowland area on the banks of the Phan Thong River, which dates back to the polished stone age. There were Neolithic beings who hunted with terrazzo axes, wearing beads and bracelets, and used clay vessels with patterns produced by grafting ropes into wet dirt. Additionally, mussels, crabs, and fish parts were identified. In 1979, Tambon Phanom Di was the site of a survey. District of Phanat Nikhom the discovery of the ancient prehistoric village of Khok Phanom Di led to the theory that Chonburi’s 4,363 square kilometers originally housed three prosperous ancient cities: Muang Phrarot, Muang Sri Phalo, and Mueang Phaya Rae. Chonburi Province was formed by combining the area of these three cities.
City of Phrarot
There is evidence of a big city called “Mueang Phrarot” located in the plains where numerous rivers converge to form the Panthong River in the Dvaravati and Lop Buri periods, around 1,400 to 700 years ago, in Na Phra That Subdistrict in Phanat Nikhom District, today. This river can be used to connect to the city of Si Mahosot in Prachinburi Province. (At the moment, it is the area of Ban Sa Makhuea, Ban Khok Wat, and Ban Nong Sakae in Sri Mahosot district) until it reaches Aranyaprathet district. There is also a walking path that connects Rayong and Chanthaburi provinces via Phaya Rae, another famous Chonburi ancient city. During that time, Phrarot City served as Chonburi’s transportation hub. Archaeologists discovered Phrarot City to be an ancient city from the same era as Sri Phalo, if not somewhat older, because it looks that an old tunnel connects the two cities at a distance of around 20 kilometers.
The city of Sriphalo
“Mueang Sri Phalo” is in the Ban U-Tapao neighborhood. The land of the Bang Sai Subdistrict is located in Nong Mai Daeng Subdistrict, Mueang Chonburi District, in front of the city. Many ancient items have been discovered, including a golden Buddha figure, bronze, crystal glass, gold bowl, Sukhothai-style porcelain bowl, cement crocodile, and stone ball with dog’s tracks, among others. Archaeologists assumed that Sri Phalo was a city during the Khmer period, when the region was ruled by the Khmer, and that it was of a similar age to Lop Buri, which was after the U-Thong era and before the Ayutthaya period, around 1600 to 1900 B.C.
Archaeological digs have revealed that Sri Phalo town was founded some 600 years ago, along the Bang Pakong River, during the Sukhothai period. The city has a thriving seaport. Accepting junk boats from China, Cambodia, and Vietnam before continuing on to the Chao Phraya River. Unfortunately, the Si Phalo city wall was totally destroyed by the construction of Sukhumvit Road, leaving no archaeological remnants to study today. Later, in the Ayutthaya dynasty, the importance of Sriphalo city waned. This could be because the river has become shallow as a result of the massive amount of material that has accumulated. As a result, people migrated south to create a new city called “Bang Pla Soi,” which is now known as “Chonburi City.”
“Mueang Phaya Rae” is a city in the highlands located in the Bo Thong Subdistrict. It is around 32 kilometers from the town of Phrarot. The city plan is oval-shaped, with two layers; the first floor has a diameter of around 1,100 meters, while the inner layer has a diameter of approximately 600 meters. The outer city’s moats and embankments in the north are still vividly visible today.
The city of Phayare is always in communication with the city of Phrarot. making use of Khlong Luang as a roadway This canal still exists today. which is the most important and longest canal in Chonburi. Today, farming in Phanat Nikhom and Phan Thong districts is still reliant on water from this canal because of the numerous streams that branch out from it. The Padaeng Forest Range forms the main tributary.
Period of Ayutthaya
Chonburi city appears as an inner city in the fief city hall in 1919. The city keeper is “Chonburi’s Leader, Sri Mahasamut,” who owns 2,400 rai and pays tribute with crimson wood. During King Borom Rachathirat’s reign in 1766, Ayutthaya was surrounded by the Burmese army. Krom Muen Phiphit, His Royal Highness Prince who was exiled to Lanka, has returned to convince strong men in the eastern provinces such as Chanthaburi, Rayong, Bang Lamung, Chonburi, and Prachinburi to join the army and claims to have been recruited to assist Ayutthaya in its struggle against Burma. That was back then. Chonburi’s citizens supported a big number of troops until the city was nearly deserted. When Krom Muen Thepphiphit led the army to Prachinburi, he wrote a letter to His Majesty the King Akkatat, offering to help safeguard Bangkok. His Majesty King Akkatat, on the other hand, thought Krom Muen Thepphiphit was an ambitious man who had been exiled before. This unauthorised mobilization was a breach of royal protocol. As a result, he dispatched an army from Ayutthaya to beat Krom Muen Thepphiphit until it was traumatized, and Burma dispatched an army to assault the Krom Muen Phiphit Army until it was defeated. Until Ayutthaya fell to Burma in 1767, the people of Chonburi worked closely with King Taksin the Great to reclaim their freedom until they were able to effectively restore independence.
During the reign of King Rama III, Intha-asa of Vientiane imported a large number of Lao people to Thailand. The king granted permission to settle between Chonburi and Chachoengsao (the current Phanat Nikhom area). From King Rama IV to King Rama VI, the royal family of Siam made frequent journeys to Chonburi because it is a beach town with a lovely landscape that is appropriate for pleasure and is not far from Bangkok.
Until 1807, Phra Sunthon Vohan, the famed Thai poet, journeyed from Bangkok to Klaeng City, Rayong Province, to visit his father. While in Rayong, he created a poem called “Nirat Muang Klaeng” about many cities, including Chonburi province, from north to south, Bang Pla Soi, Nong Mon, Ban Rai, Bang Phra, Bang Lamung, Na Kluea, Pattaya, Na Jomtien, Huai Khwang, and Nong Cha Ngaew. (Currently known as Ban Chak Ngaew in Bang Lamung District, on the road to Klaeng District in Rayong Province.)
During King Chulalongkorn’s reign in 1894 B.E., the kingdom’s government management structure was reorganized into tiny towns in the ancient style to combine them together, and all cities were under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior. “The total cities on the Bang Pakong River, namely Prachin Buri 1, Nakhon Nayok 1, Phanom Sarakham 1, Chachoengsao 1, total 4 cities, are county towns called Prachin Province,” according to a document. The provincial governor was established in Prachin province when the city was transferred to the Ministry of Interior. Thus, the county office was relocated to Chachoengsao as the province’s area was expanded farther south to the seaside. Including the cities of Phanat Nikhom, Mueang Chon Buri, and Mueang Bang Lamung, and adding three more, the province is now known as Prachin Province.
During King Rama VI’s reign in 1915, the provinces were merged and constituted as “regions,” with the Viceroy as governor. It has authority over its own sovereignty. The Western region, the Southern region, the Northeastern region, and the Western region are the four regions. wanted the central region to retain the same province known as Ayutthaya, with a viceroy ruling in place of the monarch. The city’s governance is divided into sectors, and the office of Viceroy was abolished on March 31, 1925, under the reign of King Rama VII, reverting to the old province. In such a way that there were as many as 20 counties, and it was reduced to ten for the last time within ten years, before 1932.
Weather of Chonburi
Chonburi Province has a tropical monsoon climate influenced by both the southeast and southwest monsoon winds. Between August and October, it is influenced by the northeast monsoon, while between November and February, it is impacted by the southwest monsoon. As a result, Chonburi Province has three different seasons:
Summer lasts from March until May. The temperature is hot, but not oppressively so.
August-October is the rainy season. sporadic rain It frequently falls hard in the highlands and forests.
Winter months of November through February, the air is cool rather than frigid, and the sky is clear, clear, and sunny all day. This is the peak season for vacationers on the beach. Because of the rain for several months, the agricultural sector is quite dry this season.
The province is situated on the Bay of Bangkok, which is the Gulf of Thailand’s northernmost point. The Khao Khiao mountain range spans from northwest to southeast through the province. Farming has always been practiced on the northern plains. Laem Chabang is one of Thailand’s few deep-water ports, located between Chonburi and Pattaya. The total forest area is 551 km2 (213 sq mi), accounting for 12.2% of the province’s total land area. The permanent legal population of the province expanded by more than 4% per year, from 1,040,865 in 2000 to 1,554,365 in 2010.Long-term non-Thai inhabitants without permanent residency, on a perpetual tourist visa, and/or migrant laborer (legal or illegal), as well as significant short-term tourist influxes, constitute a sizeable floating population.
The Bangkok-Chonburi-Pattaya Motorway (Hwy 7) connects to Bangkok’s Outer Ring Road (Hwy 9) through Si Nakharin and Rama IX Junction. From Bang Na, the Bang Na-Trat Highway (Hwy 34) travels through Bang Phli and crosses the Bang Pakong River into Chonburi. A Chonburi bypass connects to Sukhumvit Road (Hwy 3), travelling through Bang Saen Beach, Bang Phra, Pattaya, and Sattahip.
Chonburi is located approximately 120 kilometers (75 miles) from Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), the country’s major international airport. It is accessible by vehicle from Bangkok via Sukhumvit Road and Motorway 7. Chonburi is also served by scheduled flights through U-Tapao International Airport (UTP), which is located 45 minutes south of the city. Thailand Route 3, often known as Sukhumvit Road, is the main road through Chonburi. It connects to Bangkok to the northeast and Rayong Province, Chanthaburi Province, and Trat Province to the south. Route 344 takes you east to Klaeng (which is also on Route 3). Route 7 parallels Route 3 but avoids the densely populated coastal area, connecting to Pattaya, a beach tourist city.
The State Railway of Thailand, Thailand’s national passenger rail system, operates in the province, with Chon Buri Railway Station serving as the principal station.
How to travel by publish bus From Bangkok
Bangkok Bus Terminal (Eastern)
When you exit the airport, take the Airport Rail Link to BTS Phayathai, then the BTS Sky Train to Ekkamai Station (E7). You can see Bangkok Bus Terminal (Eastern) below BTS Ekkamai Station. Every day from 5.30-21.00, there are air-conditioned buses to Chonburi operated by well-known firms such as Sriracha Tour; the ticket is less than 150 baht and the buses depart every 30-40 minutes or up to an hour. The tour bus will travel through Bangna and onto the highway, which will take approximately 3-4 hours per trip. This route is the most convenient way to go to Chonburi province because you may take the BTS train to the bus terminal in a short amount of time, avoid traffic in Bangkok, and save money on taxi fare.
Mo Chit Bus Terminal or Mo Chit 2 Bus Terminal
From 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., air-conditioned buses are available. Private bus companies also operate from the Southern Bus Terminal. Every day, an air-conditioned bus departs for Pattaya. The car stops at the North Pattaya Road bus station on the Bangna-Trad route. Traveling by this means is fairly tough owing to periodic infrastructure failures. The best option is to go to the Victory Monument. After that, take a bus to Mo Chit 2. You can take the bus in the following ways: No. 77 157 509, Phahon Yothin Island. Only the sign that says “Mo Chit2” should be noticed. There is no need to walk or connect to another bus because the bus will transport you to the bus station in Mo chit.
More information can be found at http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/en/history-english.html.